Body of Christ, let’s remember that physically we are in the world but spiritually we are in the Kingdom of God. Thanksgiving is a gigantic part of the Kingdom lifestyle.
Gratitude is a feeling but giving thanks is an action. Giving thanks is expressing to God the gratitude that is in our hearts. We express it to God through prayer, song, and bringing sacrificial gifts to Him. When we fail to give thanks to God, we take God’s favor, grace, mercy, and blessings for granted.
On this Thankful Thursday, let’s remember to continually express the gratitude we feel in our hearts to God for what He has done, what He is doing, and what He will do. Let’s start with the following list:
- the body and blood of Jesus when we celebrate Communion
- daily blessings (soteria, Greek word for salvation includes forgiveness of sin, healing, deliverance, guidance, provision, protection, and preservation)
- the possibility of having the abundant life
- grace, mercy, favor, and help
- the Word of God
- the local church
- our spiritual gifts and the opportunity to serve Him and man
- the privilege of prayer 24/7
- the fact we will live eternally with God the Father and Jesus
- the empowerment and leading of the Holy Spirit
- the love and support of family and friends
- all things and in all things
- helping us to survive and/or thrive during the Coronavirus season
Consider coming up with your own personalized list everyThankful Thursday or anytime you desire to express thanksgiving to God!