One of the missions of “God Is” Ministries, LLC is to teach you who God is. As we get to know who God is, we begin to discover who we are in God.
There is only one true and living God and His name is Jehovah, which means eternal God. The Bible declares in John 4:24 that, “God is a spirit and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.” God is an incorporeal being. God is Elohim, the maker and supreme ruler of heaven and earth. He created everything–the earth, the animals, fowls, fish, and mankind.
We become a Christian by establishing a relationship with God through His Son Jesus Christ. By faith, we accept the gift of salvation based on the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross. Once we establish this relationship, we must then develop this relationship by getting to know who God is.
Though we cannot expect to know everything about God, He has revealed Himself through general and special revelation. God reveals Himself through nature. Psalm 19:1 says, “the heavens declare the glory of God…” Look at the leaves on trees in the Fall with its variety of hues and shapes. Every year without fail, this abundance of leaves returns. How can we not realize that only God can do this!
God has also revealed Himself through His Word. The Lord said in Psalm 40:7, “Lo, I come in the volume of the book it is written of me.”
Additionally, God revealed Himself through His Son. Jesus said in John 14:9 “he that hath seen me hath seen the Father.”
Let’s look at some of the things God has revealed about Himself and what it means to His people:
- God is a trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; I am a trinity: I am a spirit, I have a soul, and I live in a body.
- God is a good Father. He meets my needs, protects, guides, and corrects me.
- God is the source and the strength of my life, so since I’m made in His image I am strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.
- God is omnipresent. I’m never alone because He is always with me.
- God is a giver of good things. Good things are coming to me and happening to me.
- God is Alpha and Omega. He will continue to work in me until it is completed upon Jesus’ return.
- God is gracious. He can give me the things I don’t deserve.
- God is merciful. He can spare me from getting those things I do deserve.
- God is omniscient. When I call on Him, He shows me great and mighty things that I don’t know.
- God is love. His love is the greatest love I will ever experience.
- God is faithful so I can trust Him when I can’t trace Him.
- God is omnipotent. He has given me power over serpents, scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy.
- God is immutable. Because He does not change, I can believe all His promises.
- God is infinite. There is no limit to what He can do for me and through me.
- God is eternal; I’m His child and we will be together forever.
- God is truth so I can stand firm on everything in His Word.
- God is just, therefore, I always expect Him to do the right thing.
- God is sovereign. I can rest in Him because He is large and in charge of everything.
- God is perfect; therefore, I do not put Him on the same level as mankind.
Stay tuned for more teaching on who God is!